As you know, I have curly hair and there can be positives and also negatives of having curly hair. So I've gathered up 15 things about having curly hair and have decided to make a post about it.
1) Can't brush curly hair: People with curly hair know that it is a struggle to brush curly hair. If I brush my hair, it goes really bushy and frizzy and it just isn't good for my hair. The only time I brush my hair is before I have a shower and the amount of times I have feared for my hairbrushes life is unreal.
2) Finding the right products: For me personally, I find it hard to find the right products for me hair. At the moment, the shampoo that I am using is apparently for 'frizzy hair'...it is making my hair even more frizzy than it already is (but it smells like blueberries so I don't want to stop using it).
3) Sleeping on it: I always love my hair just after I have washed it. Then when I wake up the next day, it is just a mess and it upsets me that it won't be like it was the day before.
4) 'Quick' showers: When you have curly hair, there is no such thing as a 'quick shower'. My family always tease me about how long I am in the shower for but I actually can't help it. I have a lot of hair and I'm sorry that it doesn't take 5 minutes to wash.
5) People like to touch curly hair like they have never seen it before: I always seem to have people touching my hair. It's like they've grew up in a world surrounded by straight hair and then BOOM I appear with my curly hair and it's like a miracle has happened.
6) Hands get stuck: When people do touch my hair, their hand always gets awkwardly stuck and they are just standing there trying to get it out.
7) "Is your hair naturally curly?": I get this question a lot. I would be rich if I got a pound every time someone has asked me this question. If you have curly hair and no one as asked you this question then I am jealous. But I do strangely love the amazement on peoples faces when I say 'yes'.
8) "How long does it take to straighten?": This is another question that I get a lot. People then get shocked when I tell them 'Oh, just a little bit over half an hour' as they seem to think it takes days...weeks...months even. I have curly hair, not the Amazon rainforest.
9) "You are so lucky to have curly hair" "I wish I had hair like yours": I also get these said a lot. I think it's lovely when people say this but if they could actually see what's its like to deal with curly hair then they would probably take back what they said.
10) Straightening curly hair: Like I said before, my hair doesn't take long to straighten. But it does take a lot of effort. I have to section my hair and because of this, my hair is in my face so I can't see what's going on. I have to keep straightening one piece of hair until its straight. The thickness of my hair and the heat of the straighteners really don't mix. It also doesn't help that most of the time I can be lazy.
11) People commenting on your straight hair but you still get offended: Whenever I've got my hair straight, people do complement me but for some strange reason, I start to get offended. I get thoughts like 'Oh, so I don't look good with curly hair?' 'Are my curls not good enough?'...yes, I am strange like this.
12) Gets in everyone's faces: As well as it getting into my face all the time, it also gets into everyone else's. If I'm hugging someone, they always seem to make a comment about it getting in their face or that it's in the mouth and eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends have had hairballs after hugging me.
13) Rain: Need I say more? As soon as my hair comes into contact with rain BOOM the frizz has arrived.
14) Getting things in it: I have lost count of the times I have had food in my hair. Sometimes I don't even know how it's got into my hair.
15) You can do a lot with curly hair (apparently): People always say to me that I could do so much with my hair...yet I still keep it down and curly. I don't like taking the risk of doing something with my hair then by the end of the day, it just looks a mess. I would love to be confident enough to try new things out with my hair.
So these are 15 things about having curly hair. If anybody reading this has curly hair and have any other problems or good things with having curly hair, please let me know because I probably have to deal with the same thing haha ;) Also, if anyone knows any hair styles for curly hair then I would love to hear about them :)
(Here's a mini photo-shoot I did...I would like to point out that I am not vain ;) haha)
|You can do so much with my hair that you can |
even put it in a plastic cup...